Nobody likes bitter gourd let alone bitter gourd salad. However, you might want to change your mind about this recipe.
This recipe will make you love bitter gourd) even if you hated it! Try it and let us know in the comment section below.
This page may contain affiliate links.
How to make bitter gourd salad recipe tasty
Bitter gourd salad recipe
- Chopping knife
- Chopping board
- Cute pot for boiling
- 3 pcs bitter gourd
- 1 large white onion (you can use red also)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/4 tsp rock salt
- 2 tbsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder (you can skip this part if you don't like chillies like us)
- Take 3 pcs bitter gourd and wash them properly. With the help of a knife scrape the top portion slightly to reduce friction
- In a pot boil it for 10 minutes so that all the bitterness will disappear. After 10 mins strain the hot water and put it in cold water for another 5 mins, then drain.
- Keep it aside on the strainer for another 10 mins so that all water is properly drained
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1 large onion and keep it aside. Then take 2 tbsp of white pepper and grind it into powder.
- Now take the bitter gourd and remove its seeds. Then chop it finely.
- Now to the finely chop bitter gourd add 1 tsp of coriander powder, half tsp of chat masala, a quarter tsp of rock salt, 2 tbsp of white pepper powder, and a quarter tsp of red chillies powder (optional).
- Mix all the above ingredients properly and your salad is ready to eat.
You may like:
Benefits of bitter gourd:
The bitter gourd salad recipe has many benefits for your health as well.
- It is good for your stomach and bowel-related ailments such as gastrointestinal infection; intestinal worms, ulcerative colitis, and constipation
- Bitter gourd is also known to be good for your skin and can help in treating skin disorders like psoriasis.
- Bitter gourd contains Vitamin A, C, E, K; thiamine, beta carotene, riboflavin, niacin; calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, zinc and folate
- Consuming bitter gourd juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is known to help in treating diabetes; high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
Apart from the salad recipe, here’s another wonderful bitter gourd recipe.
The deep-fried recipe
Apart from the bitter gourd salad recipe, you can prepare another side dish of bitter gourd for a different taste; so that your guest will enjoy the different dishes in one go.
Ingredients for deep fry
- 100- 150 ml of any cooking oil
- 250 grams bitter gourd
- 5 tbsp of gram flour (besan)
- Masala (optional)
- Red chillies powder (optional)
- Take 250 gms of bitter gourd and clean it properly
- Then slice it round, into several thin slices
- Take 5 tbsp of besan (gram flour) and mix it consistently adding salt; red chillies and masala if you need
- Take a frying pan and add 150 ml of cooking oil to the pan. Heat it for about 1-2 mins
- Now dip the sliced bitter gourd in the mixture of gram flour and let it dissolve nicely
- Check if the oil is hot and then gently add the mixed bitter gourd into the pan for deep fry
- When the veggie is golden brown, turn down the heat and take it out
Your deep fry bitter gourd is ready to eat.
Let us know what you think of our bitter gourd salad recipe. We hope it will change your mind about having a bitter gourd salad.
EAT Healthy STAY Healthily.